Human Resource Manager
April 30, 2020
Detailed Job Description
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately-owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim owns and manages 10 full-service hotels/resorts and a travel agency in the Atlantic Canada Area. Pacrim is an industry leader in the Atlantic Canada hospitality and tourism sector to identify, manage, develop, and build strategic products and services targeting the fast-growing Asian inbound tourism market.
Physical Work Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia (Travel is Required)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Workdays: Weekdays and Weekends, Day and Night Shifts
Language(s): English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Summary: Human Resource Managers, reporting directly to VP of Operations, are responsible to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a Pacrim Hotel human resources and personnel departments. In addition, HR Managers are required to develop and implement policies, programs and procedures regarding recruitment, selection, training and development and administration of the Hotel’s pay and benefit system.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a Pacrim Hotel property human resource department.
- Coordinate with Hotel department heads and managers all human resource activities.
- Administer employee benefits and health and safety programs.
- Advise and assist other departmental managers on interpretation and administration of Pacrim Hotel personnel policies and programs.
- Oversee the classification and rating of occupations and positions within the Pacrim Hotel property.
- Organize and conduct employee information meetings on employment policy, benefits and compensation and participate actively on various joint committees.
- Direct the Pacrim Hospitality Services’ quality management program.
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal legislation and regulations.
Education/Essential Skills Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in a field related to personnel management, such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology or completion of a professional development program in personnel administration is preferred.
- Several years of experience as a personnel officer or human resource specialist are preferred.
- Hands-on experience with payroll software, recruitment and selection interviews is preferred.
Quote Job Reference: PHSC0112