Fengfeng Performance & Education Academy Ltd.
Fengfeng Performance & Education Academy Ltd. is one of famous multi-performance education academies of Canada. With the concept of” Impart knowledge and educate people with love”, students not only can learn professional performance skill, but also can cultivate good character and personality. With 8 years history, Fengfeng Performance & Education Academy had trained over thousands students and they got many awards from local events to international events. Many students had participated action in TV show, films, advertisement and magazine. Currently, we are looking for a full-time Acting Instructor to join our teachers' team.
Company operating name: Fengfeng Performance & Education Academy Ltd.
Business addresses/locations of work: 8980 River Road, Richmond, BC V6X 1Y7
Job title: Acting Instructor (NOC #4216)
Working hours: 30 hours per week
Salary: $25 per hour
Terms of employment: this is a full-time, permanent position
Language of work: English
- Teach acting principles and techniques to individuals or groups and evaluate student performance fairly and consistently;
- Discuss and demonstrate vocal and body expression to teach acting styles, character development, and personality projection;
- Identify and adopt the most effective teaching approaches for students and keep abreast of contemporary educational issues;
- Contribute to the development of curriculum and instructional materials;
- Support the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience;
- Produce and direct plays for school and public performances;
- Maintain excellent communication with parents and students before and after class;
- Develop, promote and support the acting class in coordination with the other Acting Instructors;
- Organize the equipment and performing arts activities;
- Prepare students for auditions;
- Responsible for all orders and maintenance of equipment.
- A college diploma or bachelor’s degree in Acting is required;
- Previous acting experience is required;
- Can demonstrate a critical understanding of developments in the subject area;
- Knows and understands what constitutes outstanding learning in Drama;
- Passion for acting and the desire to share this with students with imagination and enthusiasm;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to relate well to people on all levels with sensitivity, tact and diplomacy;
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a sense of perspective;
- Able to demonstrate professionalism, integrity and confidentiality at all times.