Senior Technical Writer - Industrial and Manufacturing Procedures
Innovatia is recruiting applicants with technical writing experience in industrial and manufacturing settings. Experience could come from, but is not restricted to, food manufacturing, upstream and midstream oil and gas operations, and power generation.
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals with procedure writing capabilities and knowledge of structured writing practices. Other relevant experience could include developing specifications, reference content such as process manuals, help documentation, or learning materials for technical content.
Senior Technical Writers assess source material and interview client subject matter experts to create concise, accurate content for diverse end users. They learn Innovatia’s proprietary Accelerator KMS™ authoring tool.
Employment Type: Contract
Open Location: Writers will work remotely
- Passion for creating fit for purpose content for end user
- Curious and engages in life-long learning; is comfortable interacting with new concepts and technical ideas
- Detail oriented
- Multi-tasks; comfortable juggling deliverables as there can be many content pieces in parallel development
- Leader and team player
- Excellent writing skills; writes for clarity and develops error free content appropriate for audience’s reading and technical level.
- Excellent verbal skills; able to explore ideas and drive out ambiguity through discussion.
- Familiar with and able to learn software applications. Note: Accelerator KMS™ is highly intuitive and end user friendly.
- Able to master quality requirements and adhere to established style guide parameters.
- Recognizes risks and impacts to deliverables and follows established communication protocols.
- 3 years or more of developing technical content for industrial or manufacturing audience
- Post-secondary education such as a university degree or technical certification
- Able to work in remote team using collaborative technologies for both internal team and client facing meetings
Quote Job Reference: 1047