Medical Office Administrative Assistant
Stephen Douglas Neurology Inc.
Position Hours: 0.6 FTE (three days per week; potential for increased work hours)
Compensation: To be negotiated based on experience; comparable to compensation for medical administrative positions within Nova Scotia
Location: Community Neurology Office, Dartmouth Medical Centre (46 Portland Street, Dartmouth, NS); relocating to Halifax Professional Centre (5991 Spring Garden Road, Halifax NS) August/September 2020
Employer/ Direct Supervisor: Stephen Douglas Neurology Inc.
This role provides administrative support to one community neurologist in a private office.
Position responsibilities include:
- Scheduling (in-person, phone, and email)
- Organization of paper and electronic documentation
- General day-to-day office organization/ administration
- Greeting and reception of patients
- Answering or referring inquiries (in-person, phone, and email)
- Assisting with preparation of exam rooms
- Assisting with and facilitating maintenance of the office space
- Maintaining patient confidentiality at all times, protecting patients’ rights
- Other duties as assigned by Stephen Douglas Neurology Inc.
In addition to the qualifications/ experience listed below, applicants should have the ability to multi-task, time management skills, telephone etiquette skills, high attention to detail, data entry skills, and high organization and interpersonal skills. Applicants must also demonstrate reliability and readiness to work.
Qualifications/ Experience Required
- Completed Medical Office Administration/ Medical Office Receptionist course preferred
- Experience using all aspects of an Electronic Medical Record system
- Experience working with the general public and in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook essential
- General computer, fax, and phone skills essential
- Proficiency in the English language essential (written and spoken)
Please note that only applicants considered for interview and skills testing will be contacted. Upon satisfactory completion of the skills test and interview process, an employment reference check and character reference check will also be required.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: SDN0001