MNP Executive Search & Professional Recruitment
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to perform business- and personal-related duties to support an Executive in its next business endeavour. The Executive is located in Toronto, Ontario under a shared office environment. The time spent on personal-related duties will fluctuate depending on needs. The business-related duties will focus on the administration and document filings of a new business.
The Executive Assistant will act as the go-to person for the Executive and perform a variety of office-related tasks and personal errands. The Executive Assistant will also assist with light general office reception, but will primarily work with the Executive. The Executive Assistant will maintain a high level of confidentiality, exercise discretion and considerable judgment to make decisions and apply guidelines based on the direction of the Executive. The Executive Assistant will work standard hours and may be required to work outside these hours on occassion to support the client’s schedule. The nature of this role requires an individual that is professional in demeanor, mature, team oriented, thrives in a fast-paced environment and works independently with minimal direction.
- Manage finances at a basic level, including data entry into QuickBooks, issue cheques, reconcile bank balances
- Assist with the research, development and execution of new business initiatives at the direction of the Executive
- Act as a first point of contact in dealing with correspondence
- Screen phone calls, emails, inquiries and requests and handle them when appropriate
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements and make reservations as required
- Set up meetings and conference calls, etc. including preparation of materials for the meetings
- Manage diaries and organize meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the Executive
- Organize and implement, dates, tasks and deadlines by priorities
- Type, compile and prepare reports, presentations and correspondence
- Manage office and filing systems
- Assist with personal tasks, organise personal commitments such as travel, after-school child pick- up, online shopping, networking events, etc.
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an administrative / professional support function in an office environment
- Excellent organizational, time management and administrative skills
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Must have strong multi-tasking skills and be able to reprioritize on short notice
- Must be willing to perform personal errands outside of the office
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and trustworthiness, flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Be tactful and diplomatic
- Must have valid driver’s licence with clean driving record
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
This career opportunity will appeal to a self-directed and self-motivated professional who takes initiative, is forward thinking, energetic and an outgoing team player with a desire to exceed expectations.