Fish Processing Plant Supervisor
Icy Waters Ltd.
April 15, 2020
$19.50 per hour
Icy Waters Ltd. is a 25+ year old Canadian aquaculture company dedicated to the development, growth, processing, and sale of premium Arctic Charr and “Yukon Gold” Arctic Charr ova.
We are seeking applicants for full time permanent employment as a working Fish Processing Plant Supervisor. This dynamic hands on role is an opportunity to work in a small but fast paced Fish Processing Plant and to deliver a high- quality product to the customer.
Hours of Work: Full time 40 hours per week
Position Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead plant employees, a team of 3 to 5 people, to meet daily production matrices and cost efficiencies
- Lead plant employees to adhere to all health and safety, regulatory and operational procedures
- Accurately enter data and generate reports
- Communicate with customers and with management to fill customer orders
- Identify deficiencies, communicate corrective actions and work to find solutions
- Be competent in the set up and operation of plant equipment
- Track and maintain inventory of plant supplies
- Hold a valid Canadian Driver License and have ability to drive in all seasons
- Provide an acceptable Criminal Record check within two weeks of hire
- Be eligible to work in Canada
Preferred Qualities and Skills:
- Experience working in a fast-paced mechanized processing or production plant environment
- Experience with processing fish
- Positive can-do attitude, motivated and able to be self-directed
- Ability to lead, direct, mentor, manage conflict and work in a diverse work environment
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Email
- Post-Secondary Education in Food Processing is considered an asset
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs often
- Ability to work long or irregular hours including weekends, when required, based on production needs
- Work in a wet and cool environment and wear appropriate protective gear
Incentives: Wage increase and incentives based on deliverables. Potential for signing bonus.