Municipal Energy Officer
Municipal District of Bonnyville No.87
March 2, 2020
This is a regional position based at the Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87 (M.D.). This role is responsible for energy management planning, tracking energy use, and leading energy-saving projects towards a more energy-efficient work culture.
The position is funded through the Municipal Climate Change Action Centre (MCCAC) Municipal Energy Manager (MEM) Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Benchmark and determine energy usage and energy consumption of all municipal public buildings.
- Identify, analyze, and prioritize energy-savings opportunities through the development of energy consumption reduction plans and strategies.
- Analyze energy conservation measures, identify inadequacies, and recommend equipment upgrades and renewable energy solutions.
- Create municipal greenhouse gas emission inventories and collaborate with each respective municipal authority to identify specific, appropriate, measurable, and timely emission reduction targets and goals.
- Guide the development of an Energy Management Plan and monitor its continual improvement and implementation.
- Deliver energy management services in general to multiple municipal facilities.
- Assist with the management of MCCAC MEM program requirements.
- Develop quarterly and year-end progress reports.
- Identify and prioritize energy-reduction or energy-generation funding opportunities.
- Deliver presentations to provide status updates, deliverable progress, lessons learned, and recommendations for future projects.
- Facilitate group workshops when applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental science, engineering, or a technical diploma in a closely related field or education, experience, certifications and licenses that will result in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job.
- 2-5 years of experience in mechanical, electrical, chemical, commercial, industrial, energy efficiency, project management (with an energy focus), facility engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with the following systems: HVAC, lighting, chillers and refrigeration, motors, variable frequency drives, compressed air, building envelope, renewable energy, and process equipment.
- Professional experience with energy systems, and processes and/or energy engineering principles, methods, and techniques considered an asset.
- Experience with energy benchmarking and energy benchmarking software considered an asset (e.g., RETScreen, EnergyStar Portfolio Manager).
Please visit http://md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.