Operating Manager Dewatering
Managing design & tendering within the Toronto office of Canadian division of specialist international water engineering firm. They provide complete engineering solution groundwater management and dewatering contracts and are renowned for the quality of their people. Due to increased business opportunity in Ontario, this newly created role is a great opportunity to lead their team of highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff.
You will like
The Operations Manager Dewatering job itself where you will work directly with the Operations Director and play a key role in the design, tender and management of Dewatering Projects.
- To deliver companies contractual obligations as directed by the Operations Director.
- To manage construction operations so that site activities are run efficiently and effectively. This includes oversight of the management structure, policies and procedures to support the operation.
- To supervise engineering staff in the day to day delivery of their projects and to oversee the creation of a high-quality record of contractual activities.
- This includes making sure that they are accountable for their projects and project deliverables; including daily site attendance records and safety documentation.
- To train and coach all direct reports to take on responsibility suitable for their role and to take responsibility for their development
- To encourage collaboration and sharing of knowledge in the organization.
- To periodically review and revise, as required, procedures and policies along with other relevant staff members.
- To supervise site activities and closely liaise with our clients staff, and our own engineers, supervisors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Meeting with clients at important meetings to discuss pressing issues and program dates
- Working with Drilling Supervisor and site supervisors to help site staff work effectively. Briefing site staff in the mornings as required.
- Work with engineers to make sure they have site staff to meet targets
- Oversee the planning of people, plant and equipment to deliver contracts
- To maintain a commercial awareness of projects; to highlight areas out of scope to the client and follow-up commercially.
- Oversee the preparation of AFPs at the end of the project billing cycles
- Oversee quality and deliverable preparation to meet client needs.
- Liaise with the company auditors and ensure execution of corrective actions
- To directly line manage project management staff, drilling manager, yard staff inc. Yard Managers, Electricians & Yard Hands, Dewatering & monitoring staff
You will have
To be successful as Operations Manager Dewatering you will be a motivated and hardworking individual with good verbal & written and communication skills.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Comprehensive understanding of Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology or Civil Engineering.
- Comprehensive experience in the supervision of geotechnical activities and use of the ‘observational method’.
- Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised in often difficult site conditions.
- The ability to plan and organise own workload as well as that of the team
- Experience and confidence in managing others
- Comprehensive awareness of commercial issues, ideally including a good understanding and knowledge of construction industry contracts
- Competent user of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and written communication skills - the ability to communicate complicated and sometimes sensitive concepts is an essential requirement
- Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised
- Full Canadian Driving License
You will get
As Operations Manager Dewatering you will enjoy a competitive salary, likely $100K - $140K + Package
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 598