Sheraton Gateway Hotel
Here's To Your Journey with Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
The Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, located at Terminal 3, Toronto AMF, 3000 Toronto Pearson International Airport, Mississauga, Ontario, L5P1C4 is currently hiring a Steward Nights and Weekends Part time.
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station and trash compactor.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen and store room areas, tables, tools, knives and equipment.
- Receive deliveries, store perishables properly and rotate stock.
- Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas.
- Use detergent, rinsing, and sanitizing chemicals in the 3-compartment sink to clean dishes.
- Inspect, pull, and stack cleaned items, send soiled items back for re-scrubbing and re-washing.
- Rack and spray all racked items with hot water to loosen and remove food residue.
- Sort, soak, and wash/re-wash silverware.
- Breakdown dirty bus tubs.
- Empty and maintain trashcans and dumpster area.
- Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments.
- Dispose of glass in the proper containers.
- Break down cardboard boxes and place them and other recyclables in the recycle bin.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Protect company assets.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Quote Job Reference: 20018043