Sandstorm North Contracting
Fort St. John , BC
CALLING ALL NATURE ENTHUSIASTS
Work outdoors in Beautiful British Columbia Provincial Parks and enjoy every minute of summer!!
At Sandstorm North Contracting, we strive to connect people with nature. We work hard to provide BC Park patrons and members of our team a summer experience to remember. For over 20 years, our company has worked to maintain the pristine beauty of Provincial Parks in the Peace region of BC. We are currently building a dynamic team to help us achieve this goal.
We are currently seeking mature, detail-oriented, outdoor enthusiasts to fill our Park Operator positions for the 2020 season.
Does this sound like you? Keep reading for more details!
- Wages start at $16.00/hr, Raise available after two months Probationary Period
- 4% Vacation pay, paid bi-weekly
- On-site accommodations provided
- Access to recreation equipment and camping in the Provincial Parks operated by Sandstorm North Contracting
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean and maintain park facilities as set out in quality control schedules
- Collection of park fees and provision of firewood
- Provide site security and enforcement of BC Park policies
- Represent BC parks and Sandstorm North Contracting in a professional manner
- Respond to camper’s inquiries and provide assistance when required
- Reconcile cashouts and associated documentation daily.
- Participation in interpretive events (Park’s Day, Canada Day)
- On-call for security and emergencies 11:00 – 630am
See full job description on our website www.campinbc.ca/employment-park-operator/
- Valid driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
- Clean Criminal record
- Current OFA Level 1 Certification. Will provide training for the right candidate
- Physically willing and able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions
- Available to live on-site (accommodations provided)
Skills and Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Conflict management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Practical experience in the use of maintenance and grounds keeping tools, equipment, and vehicles
- Experience with cash handling and reconciliation.
- Experience in accurate record keeping and documentation
- Superior customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Energetic, dependable, and self-motivated
- Approachable personality
- Positive, supportive team player with a can-do attitude
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn and accept new ideas
- Respectful in group living situations
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Possess a value for safe working practices and policies
- Dependability to management and coworkers
- Possess a value for effective communication
If you’re looking for a new adventure this summer, apply and get connected with your local Provincial Park!