Forno on 5th
May 29, 2020
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time (minimum 30 hours a week)
Benefits: 2 weeks paid holidays annually
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Job location: 120 5 Ave, Kamloops, BC, V2C 3P8
- Completion of Secondary School
- 2-3 years of commercial cooking experience including some experience in Mediterranean cuisine
- Capacity to work well under pressure, meeting production schedules and timelines for service periods
- A true passion and drive to create incredible tasting artwork – imaginative, distinctive, and bold.
- Ability to work quickly and handle high volumes
- Food Safe certified
- Physically demanding job- ability to lift weights, repetitive tasks, standing or extended periods, bending, stooping etc.
- Flexible, reliable, Dependable, team player.
- Prepare and execute menus including complete meals or individual dishes
- Prepare variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items using recipes for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Open and close the kitchen properly and follows the opening and closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Control costs by adhering to recipes, following preparation standards.
- Maintain a sanitary kitchen by adhering to the provincial and local sanitation storage and refrigeration requirements and cleaning equipment codes.
- Performs related duties such as helping to wash dishes as needed, preparing recycling, cleaning around restaurant and help with any other projects as assigned by the chef and manager.
- Help with inventory recording, estimating and ordering supplies if requested by the chef or manager.
- Flexible hours - Able to work flexible shifts including weekends and fill in shifts on short notice.
Quote Job Reference: First Cook-2020