Guest Services Agent
Toronto Marriott Markham
February 29, 2020
Here's To Your Journey with Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
We are advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Located at 170 Enterprise Boulevard, Markham, Ontario, L6G 0E6 is currently hiring a Guest Services Agent (Full Time).
- Process all guest check-ins, check-outs, room assignments, and room change/late check-out requests.
- Secure payment; activate/reissue room keys.
- Ensure rates match market codes, document exceptions.
- Verify/adjust billing for guests.
- Communicate to appropriate staff when guests are waiting for an available room.
- Advise guest of messages.
- Clear departures in computer system.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track room status and guest concerns.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Operate telephone switchboard station.
- Run and check daily reports, contingency lists, and credit card authorization reports.
- Supply guests with directions and information.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions or concerns; follow up to ensure each has been met to guests'' satisfaction.
- Arrange transportation for guests/visitors.
- Count and secure bank at beginning and end of shift.
- Cash guests' checks, process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, charges, and provide change.
- Notify Security of any reports of theft.
- Follow company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of employees.
- Comply with quality assurance standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Quote Job Reference: 20014927