MNP Executive Search & Professional Recruitment
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to perform business- and personal-related duties to support an Executive in its next business endeavour. The Executive is located in Toronto, Ontario. The office is currently home-based but a formal office environment will be established.
This role will act as the go-to person for this Executive and perform a variety of office-related tasks and personal errands. Will maintain a high level of confidentiality, exercise discretion and considerable judgment to make decisions and apply guidelines based on the direction of the Executive. Though the work schedule will be determined dates and times, must be flexible and available to work non-standard work hours as needed to support the client?s schedule. There is no expectation to work overtime. The nature of this role requires an individual that is professional in demeanor, mature, team oriented, thrives in a fast-paced environment and works independently with minimal direction.
- Manage finances at a basic level, including data entry into QuickBooks, issue cheques, reconcile bank balances
- Assist with the research, development and execution of new business initiatives at the direction of the Executive
- Act as a first point of contact in dealing with correspondence
- Screen phone calls, emails, inquiries and requests and handle them when appropriate
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements and make reservations as required
- Set up meetings and conference calls, etc. including preparation of materials for the meetings
- Manage diaries and organize meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the Executive
- Remind the Executive of important tasks and deadlines
- Type, compile and prepare reports, presentations and correspondence
- Manage office and filing systems
- Assist with personal tasks, organise personal commitments such as travel, after-school child pick- up, online shopping, etc.
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an administrative / professional support function in an office environment
- Excellent organizational, time management and administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of responsibilities while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Must be willing to perform personal errands outside of the office
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and trustworthiness, flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Be tactful and diplomatic
- Must have valid driver?s licence with clean driving record
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
This career opportunity will appeal to a self-directed and self-motivated professional who takes initiative, is forward thinking, energetic and an outgoing team player with a desire to exceed expectations.