Walker's Gas and Electric
February 13, 2020
Heritage Service Group
Division Walker's Gas & Electric
We are Canada's leading service provider for commercial kitchen equipment; using OEM parts to provide fast and reliable service across North America. Our mission is to provide the highest quality customer care in the food service industry, working hard to build lasting relationships and deliver the solutions our customers count on.
Our Walker's Gas & Electric division is Nova Scotia's largest factory authorized Parts and Service Centre for the Food Service Industry, with over 55 years of experience eliminating equipment downtime and prioritizing urgent service. Our commitment is to provide our customers with the best service for their equipment by factory trained and professional Licensed Technicians and we are looking to grow our team!
In the role of Controller/Office Administrator, the primary responsibilities include all aspects of accounting, finance, and general administrative activities. By handling these financial responsibilities, the individual helps the cash flow and administrative processes function smoothly to ensure the company can meet its financial obligations to stakeholders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full-cycle accounting processes (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, etc.)
- Completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices
- Invoicing for service and parts
- Advising Branch Manager of any concerns or issues related to the customer invoicing or collection process
- Receiving customer complaint calls and either resolving them or escalating to the relevant manager
- Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- General maintenance of administration tasks and day-to-day office support
- High school graduation required
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a finance department of a small to medium sized company
- Must have experience with all aspects of invoicing and collections
- Must have experience with a current ERP system
Why Work for Us?
We offer our Management and Employees:
- Industry-Leading Compensation
- Comprehensive Group Benefits and Pension Program
- Extended health, dental, LTD (following probation), and RRSP contribution matching (after 1st year)
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Support from our National Leadership Team
- Work-Life Balance
- Excellent Workplace Culture
- Industry leaders in Canada
- You will be part of a growing, stable organization, who is the industry leader in Canada!
Quote Job Reference: 130657