Electrical Controls Technician
You will like
Working for a local public utility in GTA Toronto ON, that has an excellent culture, and a defined public pension making this an attractive place to build a solid career!
You will like
The Electrical Controls Technician job itself where you will be responsible for assisting and leading work related to the ongoing reliable operation of energy plants and systems. This work can include troubleshooting and repair of existing systems and the installation and commissioning of new equipment and systems.
It is expected that the individual will assist with design aspects such as reading schematics, preparing documentation, understanding process narratives and updating/revising PLC logic. It is also expected that the individual will complete plant-floor activities such as wiring and troubleshooting, commissioning and programming, either directly and/or leading third-party firms.
More specifically you will be responsible for the following:-
- PLC programming & troubleshooting (Allen Bradley, Horner, Siemens)
- HMI development and updates (Factory Talk View, Inductive Automation Ignition, SQL)
- Troubleshooting low voltage control circuits, electrical equipment and systems
- Commissioning of new automation (hmi, valves, pumps, VFD’s)
- IT – networking setup, review, changes, wiring and troubleshooting
- Working with electrical generator controls, synchronization, protection systems and troubleshooting
- Electrical system updates & maintenance (installation and wiring of new components)
- Working with Linux based systems
- Creation, editing, updating of electrical drawings and schematics using CAD software tools
- Participate in training events from time to time
You will have
To be successful as Electrical Controls Technician you will have:
- Background and/or certificates as an Electrical technician or Electrician
- Class G drivers licence
- A self-starter, able to work independently with good communication skills
- Experience in the HVAC, process and/or electrical power generation fields
- Experience and skill with PLC automation
You will get
- As Electrical Controls Technician you will enjoy a generous salary of $50K-$95K (negotiable dependent on experience).
- Comprehensive government benefits package including defined pension plan.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 615