Guest Services Agent
March 27, 2020
The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s is a chic retreat located in Hamilton. At the heart and soul of the C Hotel’s success is a remarkable team, who have been nationally recognized for their sincere and attentive service, flawless performance and culinary excellence. The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s is part of Carmen’s Group; an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary experiences to our clients and guests.
If you have the desire to work as a Guest Services Agent in a boutique hotel, and looking to join a team of champions we want to meet you.
Our Guest Services Agents:
- Represent the Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s and drive our culture through daily interactions with our guests throughout all stages of their stay.
- Have a passion for hospitality and ensure we exceed the expectations of every guest by providing personalized, courteous and professional customer service.
- Are the first point of contact for our guests while working in a busy, vibrant and dynamic environment, on a supporting and energetic team.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a role in the hospitality industry and enjoys interacting with customers on a daily basis. We offer part time opportunities during the daytime as well as weekends. This is a great role for those who are looking to interact with guests and have a willingness to learn in a fast paced, exciting environment.
Have the opportunity to:
- Provide a warm, engaging and personalized experience for our guests
- Respond to guest requests and inquiries in a timely manner
- Promote hotel amenities, rooms and other services available at the C Hotel; provide guests with information such as local attractions and directions as needed
- Learn the details and be familiar with the currant available rooms, their location, layout and room rates
- Coordinate room status updates with Housekeeping and other departments to ensure up to date room availability
- Maintain inventories of room vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers
- Become familiar with the daily activities, events and meetings taking place within the Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s
- Manage and resolve all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner
- Process reservations delivered by telephone, mail, fax, central reservation systems, sales office and travel agents
- Participate in efficient pre-arrival, arrival, departure and overall experience for guests
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment; maintain cash float and security of keys
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Exercise good judgment and demonstrate leadership abilities
- Drive positive change in the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Friendly, professional and customer service focused
- Positive, outgoing and friendly team player
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly with guests
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Smart Serve Certified
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Suite required
- Availability to work during the day and weekends required, night shifts may also be required
- Previous experience using a POS system an asset
- High School Diploma required, completion of college or university program in hospitality management is considered an asset
- Experience as a Guest Services Agent an asset
- Experience using OPERA considered an asset
What can we offer?
- Competitive wage package
- Flexible work schedule
- Staff recognition, years of service rewards
- Group RRSP
- Hotel discounts
- Wellbeing programs
- Participation in staff events
- Opportunities for growth and a chance to play a role in our vision to continue being innovators and industry champions within the Hamilton hospitality community
Carmen’s Group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 40 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s, and The Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
We make certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. We will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: