Front Desk Clerk
Sheraton Gateway Hotel
Here's To Your Journey with Us
We go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
The Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, located at Terminal 3, Toronto AMF, 3000 Toronto Pearson International Airport, Mississauga, Ontario, L5P1C4 is currently hiring a Front Desk Clerk.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed.
- Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest.
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
- Cash guests'' personal checks and traveler''s checks.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests'' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Quote Job Reference: 20001575