Licenced Practical Nurse - LPN
We are seeking dedicated full time and casual LPN’s - Licenced Practical Nurse for our Long-Term Residential Care Facilities in Victoria B.C.
Founded in 2003, Trillium Care Services is rooted in family and a deep respect for the elderly. Trillium’s philosophy is to provide seniors with the highest standard of care, improving their quality of life and maintaining their independence and dignity at every age. All Trillium homes are to be centrally located with a warm, welcoming and safe atmosphere and a reputation for giving unparalleled, personalized care. And, without exception, all caregivers and staff must share in Trillium’s approach to resident-centered care, respect, collaboration and choice.
Today, true to its roots, Trillium remains a local, family-operated business with locations in Victoria,
Colwood, Nanaimo, Shawnigan Lake as well as Sidney and Abbottsford, serving 400 seniors in B.C.
Under the direction of the Executive Director the LPN, coordinates the delivery of nursing care to the residents in a particular care area or home, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
The LPN works under the direction of the Executive Director, and collaboratively with RNs/RPNs in the Residential Care setting. In a residential care setting, LPNs work to their full scope of practice and this includes but may not be limited to:
- Receiving and transcription of physician’s orders using a prescribed tool such as SBAR.
- The assessment and facilitation of care
- The pronouncement of expected death as per LPN Scope of Practice as set forth by the College.
- The LPN will assume responsibility for the care and well being of residents in the home, as directed by the E.D. They may be responsible for coordinating and supervising others who deliver direct resident care, such as care aides. LPNs will collaborate with RN/RPNs as per the “Collaborative Role of RNs/RPNs and LPNs” as set forth by the CRNBC, and the CLPNBC
- The LPN provides nursing care in accordance with administrative policies, physicians’ orders, established standards and nursing principles, and the Residential Care Act.
- The LPN promotes a positive team spirit within the home.
- Provides feedback with respect to developing up to date individual resident care plans. This must be done in collaboration with the RN/RPN or Executive Director.
- Ensures orders are correctly processed, recorded and followed through according to established policies.
- Assists in maintaining a physical and psychosocial environment which meets the needs of the residents.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, residents’ families, visitors and other staff members.
- Maintains currency related to directives/memos/policies within facilities.
- Participates in activities related to the Infection Control and Wound Care Programs.
- Participates in the multidisciplinary teams and CQI responsibilities.
- Graduation from a recognized program for Licensed Practical Nurses. Current practicing registration with CLPNBC.
- Current criminal record check (CRC), completed by the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General
- Recent Negative Tuberculosis (TB) Test
- Active CPR
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commiserate with experience.