Foley Merchandising Solutions Inc.
February 26, 2020
About the Organization:
We are a private merchandising handling business that offers packaging and distribution services to various clients.
About the Opportunity:
We have an immediate job opening for Warehouse Supervisor. This is a permanent full-time job opportunity which assumes responsibility for the day to day warehouse distribution operations for our various business clients. This position is responsible for the supervising the merchandising receiving and distribution operations while ensuring compliance with all business policies related to customer service, and safely handling the inventory of our clients.
This job is characterized by the hectic and highly deadline driven nature of the work. It requires strong management and organization skills along with proactive planning in order to effectively deal with the work flow inherent in distrusting our client’s merchandising. In addition this position requires communication with various clients, provide updates on merchandise status and explaining any issues related to deliveries.
About the Location:
We are located at 3883 Nashua Drive, Unit 4, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. The main intersection is Derry Rd E and Highway 427 in the city of Mississauga.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule, supervise and coordinate daily merchandising packaging and distribution operations and deliveries.
- Communicate with clients by updating them about merchandise deliveries, late deliveries and/or explaining issues related to deliveries.
- Provide administrative support to complete the merchandise receiving and shipping paperwork.
- Ensure the smooth operations of the warehouse by arranging the required workers/ out-side contractors for deliveries.
- Oversee and assist in unloading/loading of inbound and outbound merchandise.
- Oversee and assist in packaging, and staging of merchandise.
- Ensures that equipment is operating properly and efficiently.
- Ensures that the quality of all finished products meets client’s requirements.
- Ability to identify problems on the packaging floor, make quick decisions to resolve them to support the company goals.
- Train employees in warehouse merchandise packaging and distribution operations.
- Review transportation schedules for timing and scheduling of deliveries.
- Ensures that all company regulations and policies are met regarding merchandise security, and customer service.
- Perform other duties that may be required or assigned by operations manager.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 1 year of experience required in related field.
- College level studies/ diploma is an asset.
- Enhanced knowledge and experience in regards to warehouse merchandising operations is asset for this position.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, & Excel MS Office skills required.
- Work well in a fast paced work environment and ability to meet deadlines.
- First class communication skills and an ability to quickly understand and act on questions raised by clients in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated with a diligent and detailed approach to completing tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Forklift License is needed to oversee and assist in the inventory/ merchandise handling operations.
- A high degree of initiative and independence.
Working Hours: It is a permanent full-time job position that required minimum of 35-40 hours per week. Full time hours for this position are 9.30 am to 5.00 pm from Tuesday to Saturday.
Job Salary: $24.50 to $25.50 per hour based on experience and knowledge.