Supervisor, Transit Services
City of Whitehorse
January 24, 2020
Make your Job Make a Difference
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, come join us at the City of Whitehorse. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. Together we make Whitehorse a great place to work and live.
The City of Whitehorse is seeking an Supervisor, Transit Services to join our Community & Recreation Services team. This role will be responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising the daily operations of the Transit Services Department. The ideal candidate will have a diploma in a related field plus a driver training certification; 5 years related experience with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience; and Standard First Aid including CPR level C.
Salary Range: Competitive
Compensation Package: Full Benefits; Pension, Competitive Vacation; Developmental Educational Support; Travel & Other Incentives
- Oversee, supervise and evaluate transit operations on a daily basis.
- Supervise and provide leadership in all human resource areas, including recruitment, training, coaching and performance management.
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures and practices.
- Respond to and investigate complaints from the general public.
- Ensure staff compliance with established federal, territorial and municipal laws, policies and procedures.
- Prepare and monitor section’s operating and capital budget.
- Collaborate with the Procurement department to develop and evaluate procurement documents (tenders, proposal calls, etc.).Process purchasing contracts for materials and supplies.
- Research, prepare reports, compile statistics, perform analysis and recommend activities to maximize efficiencies.
- Develop and distribute announcements, brochures, bus schedules, advertising and press releases to promote transit services
- Operate transit buses as required and act as Manager Transit Services as assigned.
- Ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that safety procedures, practices and standards are followed by personnel throughout the department.
- Diploma in related field plus driver training certification.
- 5 years related experience with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience and 6 months on the job training.
- Standard First Aid including CPR level C.
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
- Excellent skills relating to communications, team building, human relations, research and problem solving.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships among peers and/or stakeholders.
- Valid class 2 Driver's License with air endorsement.
- Additional certification required within one and half years of employment: Transit Ambassador, Smart Driver
About the City of Whitehorse
Working for the City of Whitehorse means working for a progressive, employee-first organization. We offer competitive benefits, security and the ability to maintain a balanced work-life. The municipal government plays a key role in the lives of its +30,000 residents, which means you see the results of your work and can take pride in serving the community.