Technical Services Electrical Engineer
ADM Engineering Ltd.
Business address: 203 Lake Promenade, Toronto, Ontario, M8W 1A6
Title of position: Technical Services Electrical Engineer
Salary: $43 per hour or $89,440 annually
Location of Work: 203 Lake Promenade, Toronto, Ontario, M8W 1A6
Terms of Employment: This is a full-time, permanent position
Working hours: 9 am to 5 pm
Benefits: Extended medical, disability and dental insurance provided.
Start Date: As soon as possible
ADM Engineering Ltd. is the representative of Variable Frequency Drives, Motors, Power Quality and associated products for the HVAC and Water & Waste Water Markets. Specializing in AC drives, Power Quality and motors, ADM Engineering Ltd. is proud to represent ABB drives as well as Baldor, Comsys, Mirus and TCI products. ADM Engineering Ltd. also offers startup, commissioning and after sales service & repair. By providing local stock, ADM Engineering Ltd. continues to be a proud supplier of HVAC and Water & Waste Water as well as Power Quality solutions.
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Project Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the successful Drive solution delivery for multiple projects on time, within budget, and in line with contract specifications and relevant quality and safety guidelines.
- Providing engineering and technical supports to clients in selection of drive and motor package for Variable Frequency Drives and attend customer and site technical meetings to resolves issues.
- Managing cost margin, project schedule and procurement of equipment to ensure smooth project execution, timely delivery with quality deliverable within cost.
- Connecting directly with clients, main contractors, consultants, suppliers and vendor/clients.
- Understanding customers’ application to propose complete drive solution and perform sizing and accessories selection including Transformer and other complimentary electrical equipment.
- Taking responsibility for site coordination, supervision of works, Drives commissioning and servicing.
- Involving in designing/sizing/modification of circuitry.
- Preparing the design/technical documentation, datasheets and compliance list for submission, including harmonic analysis, cable termination information, installation information, operation and maintenance and spare parts information.
- Reviewing customer specifications and advising Sales Person on commercial terms and conditions before project award and to negotiate Commercial Terms and Conditions if request.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in project management, service and commissioning, and/or designing.
- Sound knowledge of VFD and Power Electronics systems
- Knowledge of electrical equipment such as switchgear, motor control center, turbine generator, protection relays and UPS
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative approach to working, demonstrating strong communication and leadership skills.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: