Caldwell Investment Management Ltd
The successful candidate will be a key member of the portfolio management team, working closely alongside portfolio managers to execute investment processes, and with the sales and marketing teams to help drive asset growth.
Research & Portfolio Management:
Assist the portfolio managers in all aspects of the investment process, including screening, due diligence, and monitoring. This includes:
- creating, running and updating screens,
- gathering background information on potential investments,
- creating and updating models,
- participating in due diligence and earnings calls,
- providing input into buy/sell decisions.
Participate in business development functions, including:
- client reviews and due diligence calls,
- investment seminars and presentations,
- media appearances,
- assisting sales and marketing with certain reporting.
- Minimum 2 years working for a successful portfolio management team,
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Commerce,
- Minimum CFA Level II completion,
- Proficiency in modeling, financial analysis and business valuation,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- A track record of success,
- An entrepreneurial spirit,
- Proficiency in Capital IQ and Bloomberg a plus.
Caldwell Investment Management (“CIM”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Caldwell Financial Ltd. and is a member of the Caldwell group of companies (“Caldwell”). Established in 1980, Caldwell provides full service investment management, advisory and custodial services to individual and institutional investors and has assets under management and administration of approximately $1 billion. Caldwell has approximately 50 employees including 30 investment professionals and operates out of five offices located throughout southern Ontario. Caldwell’s investment products include mutual funds, accredited investor funds and separately managed accounts. Caldwell’s clients include Canadian and international individual investors, financial institutions, pension funds, endowment funds, foundations and private family accounts.
CIM is registered as a Portfolio Manager and Investment Fund Manager under the securities laws of Ontario, its principal regulator, as well as Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. Caldwell’s investment brokerage and custodial services are provided through Caldwell Securities Ltd., which is a member of the Canadian organization that regulates investment dealers. Caldwell is entirely independent and employee-owned.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent