Retail and Wholesale Manager
Interspan Canada Inc.
The Retail and Wholesale Trade Manager will be required to organize, direct, control and evaluate the potential in the Canadian, US and South American market opportunities pertaining to Flexible Packaging, Aluminum Foil and specialized films including APET for pre-form applications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reporting to the Director Of Business Development of Packaging Division.
- Develop business opportunities in the Flexible Packaging marketplace (Cold calling required) within CANADA, USA and SOUTH AMERICA.
- Develop new relationships; provide excellent customer service, hire team of sales people and Interspan representatives to represent the flexible packaging line; manage staff and assign duties.
- Increase sales by leveraging the company’s 30 years experience of worldwide sourcing; locating and procuring sales.
- Discuss and offer clients in US, CANADA and LATIN AMERICA turnkey packaging solutions by determining packages to be sold.
- Sales training and Business development .
- Demonstrated track record of business development success in the flexible packaging industry.
- Familiarity with barrier films, flexible packaging, lamination and slitting process and the packaging industry in general.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and offer innovative solutions for existing and potential clients; study trends and market research to determine industry demands, potential sales volumes and effect of competitor's operations on sales
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills, with the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally; resolve problems regarding customer complaints and supply shortages.
- Highly organized, strong management skills
- Ability to work independently while contributing, building and developing the success of the greater team; plan budgets and monitor revenues and expenses.
- Strong sense of integrity with a willingness to live by TC Transcontinental’s values of respect, innovation, teamwork and performance.
- Strong English language skills (verbal and written),
- Having language abilities in Spanish. Arabic, Urdu and Hindi would also be an asset to the position, which will enable the candidate to communicate with the suppliers abroad.
- Experience in working inside the BOPP and BOPET manufacturing plant to be able to technically represent the packaging solutions.
- Deep knowledge of all the Poly based films available; develop and implement marketing strategies.
- Experience in dealing with suppliers worldwide, especially in Middle East, India, South East Asia and Latin America.
Qualifications and Skills
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration or other field related to the product or service being sold may be required.
- MBA in business administration is an asset, but not required.
- At least 5 years of related industry wholesale sales experience, product knowledge, product promotion and marketing communications.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, writing and negotiation skills
- At least 5 years experience in launching new products to market in related industry
- At least 5 years experience in trade show and event management in related industry
- At least 5 years of work experience in Film Industry (BOPET& BOPP)
- Proficiency in English
- Abilities in Spanish /Arabic/Urdu/Hindi is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Suite, email and internet
- To be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career.
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference.
- Competitive compensation package, commission and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs; insurance, wireless bundles, travel and much more
- Vacation allowance - 10 business days
Job Type: Full-time
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: