Construction Safety Officer
ASI (Auspice Safety) is currently seeking a multi-site Construction Safety Advisor located at our client’s project office in Guelph. Reporting to the HSE Manager, this position will be responsible for managing and monitoring safety programs and activities on a major project.
- Provides construction safety assurance by reviewing and assessing Contractor’s Safety Plan and Safety procedures.;
- Provide guidance to multiple-levels of management and front-line staff;
- Participation in planning meetings;
- Development of meeting agendas, discussion notes, presentations of Toolbox Talks;
- Guidance during internal and external audit;
- Provides construction safety expertise to the department;
- Assists in development of safety training materials and presentations;
- Conducts safety training sessions;
- Conducts Site Safety Observations;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Approximately five (5) years experience in construction safety;
- Possession of safety professional designations - preferable, including at least one of the following:
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
- Canadian Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC)
- Gold Seal Certificate (GSC) for Construction Safety Coordinator (CSC)
- National Safety Officer (NSO)
- Other professional and technical designations are an asset;
- Excellent understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Construction Regulations, its application on construction projects, establishment of strong safety culture on-site and accident prevention techniques, compliance with external and internal policies;
- Proven track record for large scale projects involved in design, consulting, project and contract management;
- Thorough understanding of the COR process;
- Ability to foster group safety culture..
- Strong understanding of the construction industry and construction processes.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Cell phone
- Good English writing skills