Chief Innovation Officer
The Uncomplicated Family Inc.
Calgary , AB
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Salary: $75,000 - $90,000
The Chief Innovation Officer (CIO) is a new position for The Uncomplicated Family Corporate Group. This position will serve an integral function by driving innovation in the digital healthcare space to support Group Plans to expand into existing markets and growing access to new markets globally. For this position, we are looking for someone who has experience with innovation related specifically to medical and wellness devices and technology.
For more than 13 years, the Uncomplicated Family Corporate Group has proudly delivered services and supported families and children with disabilities. We have also been successful with licensing a revolutionary, industry disruptive technology (called Teleroo™) to other service providers, schools, research institutions, and First Nations communities in Alberta & British Columbia. As an innovation leader, you will be helping to assist us in scaling this proprietary technology across these and other sectors and countries (i.e. Hospitals and Asia).
About Teleroo™ World:
We have an exceptional track record for enriching lives and helping families, children, and practitioners to reach their full potential. Teleroo™ World is a global award-winning technology suite that has resulted in remarkable outcomes for children, families, and practitioners. Teleroo™ World breaks down conventional barriers such as location, time constraints and budget to increase access to quality interventions to assist in service provision and research. Our technologies include a robust video-based platform for team collaboration, along with iOS therapy tool apps. The Android version is currently being developed. We also have digital healthcare opportunities in content (digital therapeutics), VR/AR, academy offerings and AI.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing innovation and product road map plans to support The Uncomplicated Family Corporate Group’s strategic directions.
- Developing and managing innovation and product development processes/KPI’S, including a robust and sustainable approach to a product and digital service offering pipeline.
- Developing and managing innovation and research and development budgets.
- Developing product and service positioning, presentations, and pricing strategies in the context of market and product evaluation and R&D.
- Coordinating with vendors to secure new grant funding, to create global partnerships and to advance our technological advantages.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors, customers, industry influencers, and key strategic partners.
- As we scale up, help to build a R&D and innovation team, including training, and performance evaluations.
- Review and analyze performances against our R&D and Innovation Programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness and return on investment.
The following are required attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience.
- 5+ years of direct sales experience.
- Experience in international project and innovation management in EUREKA Network projects in IT domain
- Experience in R&D project design, innovation and grants management, commercialization and technology transfer
- Consortium establishment and networking experience
- Knowledge of academia industry collaboration
- Business acquaintanceship with IT companies in Europe and Asia
- Previous collaboration experience with companies from North America, Europe and Asia.
- Business and Product Development (IT)
- IT Startup experience including product design, business development, digital transformation and commercialization
- Ability to teach and apply Scrum or Agile methodologies in a corporation
- Tech startup management (at C-Level) and acquisition experience
- Understanding of user experience and user interface
- Being able to raise awareness on IT standards and best practices. Contribute to the corporate business strategy
The following are desirable attributes:
- French speaking.
- Business Acumen and Strategic Thinking.
- Leadership Skills.
- Customer/Client Focused.
- Negotiation and Closing Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
This full-time position operates out of our head office in Calgary and works in English.