Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
Here's To Your Journey with Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Located at 123 Queen St W, Toronto, Ontario, M5H2M9 we are currently hiring a Banquet Coordinator.
- Meet group coordinator/host(ess) prior to functions, make introductions, and ensure that all arrangements are agreeable.
- Read and analyze banquet event order in order to gather guest information, determine proper set up, timeline, specific guest needs, buffets, action stations, etc.
- Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements.
- Follow up on special banquet event arrangements to ensure compliance.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects).
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Quote Job Reference: 19160430