Project Senior Designer Draftsman
Relieve Consulting Services Canada Inc
January 11, 2020
As a Senior Drafter, the objective is to successfully prepare documentation of drawings using civil design software. Liaising with project team members is necessary to produce accurate plans. Part of this role includes the tracking of incoming and outgoing drawings and related information. As an experienced drafter, you will also be in charge of the following duties:
- Liaise with architects and engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs.
- Directly report to Lead Engineer.
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials.
- To create technical drawings based on given specifications and calculations.
- Describe production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used)
- Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow.
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team.
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Bulk and detailed earthwork, roads and drainage modelling with 12 D and Micro Station.
- Introduce new and more efficient techniques in cad works.
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards.
Work and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor´s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- More than 5 years of professional experience in highways and transportation. infrastructure projects.
- Extensive knowledge in design software for civil designs: Autocad Civil 3D, 12D, Microstation/Aecosim, Navisworks, MicroStation., etc.
- Extensive knowledge about design standards like AASHTO, DMRB and QHDM.
- Work experience in East Middle and Asian civil projects is a plus.
- English: Fluent written and spoken.
Terms of employment: +4 years
Project: Gordie Howe International Bridge.
Wage: $79,040.00 per year
Benefits Package: Healthcare and paid vacation included.
Address of work: 35 Prospect Avenue, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, N9C 3G3