Service Technician (Experienced)
December 6, 2020
Who we are:
Our Choquette CKS division is the largest service agency in Eastern Canada with four locations in Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa and Kingston and over 100 years of technical experience with commercial kitchen equipment. We are also a CFESA certified company. If you are looking to develop a solid career with a growing industry leader, we are your solution!
What you will do:
As a Service Technician, you will install, repair, troubleshoot and preform preventative maintenance for commercial kitchen equipment at customer locations. Your role will require you to utilize your industry knowledge to service complex equipment, while providing exceptional customer service. You will participate in on-going professional training. You will be exposed to a variety of equipment, including: holding cabinets, convection ovens, deck ovens, kettles, steamers, mixers, slicers, etc. You will be responsible for interacting with our valued customers and our internal Service Team in a professional manner.
What you will bring:
- Install, repair and troubleshoot commercial kitchen equipment
- Consult customer and/or refer to work orders to establish nature of the equipment malfunction
- Diagnose faults, analyze issues and refer to schematic diagrams to repair and/or replace equipment
- Perform planned maintenance according to service calendar
- Work directly with our customers at their various locations
- Maintain constant communication with service team members via phone, in-person and email
- Upsell additional services to customers when possible
- Report service call outcomes in our ERP system
What you will have:
- 5 years+ of experience as a Service Technician. Experience working in the food service industry is an asset.
- Valid Gas Fitter G2 License and Master CFESA Technician Certification
- Valid G Driver's License with a relatively clean driving record
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with strong problem solving skills and the ability to defuse challenging situations
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
Why work for us?
We offer our Service Technicians:
- Our hiring range is broad to reflect the skillset of each technician
Comprehensive Group Benefits and Pension Program
- Extended health, dental and LTD (following probation)
- All technicians receive a company vehicle, specialty tools and uniforms
Training and Development Opportunities
- Industry-leading OEM manufacture training for our technicians to keep up to date with industry knowledge
- In-house and on-the-job training provided on a variety of kitchen equipment
24/7 Resources and Support
- You will be supported by parts/service specialists, dispatchers, customer service representatives and field service leaders
- Our operation is year round with no seasonal downtime
- Hours are primarily standard day shift with flexible start times available and occasional on-call required
- Over-time available
Industry leaders in Canada
- You will be part of a growing, stable organization, who is the industry leader in Canada!
Relocation Assistance Available
- With locations from British Columbia to Nova Scotia, we offer relocation assistance to our employees
Quote Job Reference: 124214