Richmond Hill, ON
We believe that learning is not a one-size-fits-all proposition,we believe education should be customized, not standardized. We want passionate educators that will bring a more customized learning experience to students across the globe.Our tutors take the time to understand the way students learn, and adapt their techniques to coincide with their needs. As a Tutor Doctor tutor, you're more than just a tutor, you're a mentor! You'll be a part of something bigger that will help you grow as an individual and in your career!
We are in urgent need of Science Tutors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Travel to students' homes to conduct tutoring sessions.
- Schedule consistent weekly tutoring appointments with students or their parents
- Research or recommend textbooks, software, equipment, or other learning materials to complement tutoring.
- Prepare lesson plans or learning modules for tutoring sessions according to students' needs and goals
- Communicate students' progress to students, parents or teachers in written session report and in person
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have graduated from or is currently enrolled in post secondary education (graduates and undergraduates)
- A current criminal background check is mandatory to work in this position. Must be open to completing one if not already completed.
- Previous teaching/tutoring experience a plus, especially exposure to different learning styles.
- Access to a vehicle or public transportation.
- Must be available during peak hours (4:00 pm-9:00 pm)
- Must be available a minimum of 3 days per week during the school year
Job Type: Part-time
Hourly Compensation: $17-$20
Become a Tutor Doctor tutor today!
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: