Day to Day Logistics Inc.
About the Organization:
Day to Day Logistics Inc. is a private for-hire trucking transportation business, located in Mississauga. We provide trucking transportation services in Canada and USA. We have a team of over 80 truck drivers, owner-operators, freight contractors, mechanics, and professional team members including dispatchers and transportation co-ordinator.
About the Opportunity:
Day to Day Logistics Inc. have immediate job opening for multiple Truck Drivers. This is a permanent full-time opportunity. The Company Truck Driver job position is responsible for effective day to day trucking transportation business operations for our various business clients all over in Canada and USA.
This job is characterized by the extended periods of travel work hours. It requires team driving skills and customer service skills along with good driving skills in order to effectively deal with the work flow inherent in delivering trucking transportation services to our clients. In addition this position requires providing updates on loads status and explaining any issues related to deliveries.
About the Location:
We are located at 425 Gibraltar Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. The main intersection is Kennedy Rd and Derry Rd in the city of Mississauga.
About the Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Following are job duties and responsibilities for this position:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform safe driving operation and take responsibility for all assigned equipment, including tractor, various trailers, and accompanying hardware supplies.
- Perform a comprehensive daily DOT pre-trip inspection as well as periodic load inspections and adjustments as necessary for the safe delivery of customer products.
- Ensures that all driving operations complies with company regulations, regulatory agencies guidelines and regulations.
- Take responsibility for complete and accurate fulfillment of all Federally and Company mandated reporting requirements, including: Logs, accident reports, equipment condition reports, trip sheets, Proof of Delivery forms, Bills of Lading, and other forms as required for given circumstances.
- Loads fuel tanker at bulk fuel facilities.
- Complete and submit all signed paperwork to assure timely billing and receipt of payment.
- Inspects automotive equipment for proper operation.
- Ensure that all duties and responsibilities are look after and performed in a timely fashion with extreme attention to safety regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be required or assigned by management.
About the Job Skills and Requirements:
Following are the job skills and requirements for this position:
- AZ driver’s license & clean abstract.
- Strong ability to follow instruction & have knowledge of operating a GPS.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekend as required.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Self-motivated, punctual, reliable, and highly safety conscious.
- Able to work in a fast paced work environment with last minute work additions.
- Must have attention to instructions given.
- Willingness to travel with other company drivers in a team.
- Valid Passport, clean criminal record check, drug test, medical exam, and willingness to travel cross-border.
- Experience will be an asset and on- job training will be provided.
Working Hours: It is a permanent full-time job position that required minimum of 40-60 hours per week.
Job Salary: $23.00 to $25.00 per hour based on experience and knowledge along with annual performance bonus and workplace insurance benefits.