145 Clarence Street, Unit #21, Brampton, L6W 1T2
Welcome to Superb Truckline! We are a locally owned and operated company, with over 20 years of experience, that serves Toronto GTA, providing professional hauling and transport services to a variety of residential, commercial and industrial customers.
We help companies to haul material from commercial yards to construction sites, all at a competitive price. We maintain a fleet of 30 vehicles to serve your needs, as well as an experienced and knowledgeable crew.
We promote a culture of growth and success for our crew.
We are currently in the process of hiring Truck drivers to join our ever-dynamic team.
Term: Permanent, Full time
Business Type: Transport
Start Date: ASAP
Work hours: 40 hours per week
Number of Positions: 7
Job description: This position is involved with the operation of heavy trucks in order to transport material and goods within the country.
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailer, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain logbooks
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
- May perform emergency roadside repairs
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Operate and drive primarily straight trucks to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short interurban routes
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of cargo
- May drive special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, dump trucks, hydrovac trucks or cement mixing trucks.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job-training is provided.
- A Class 1 or A licence is required to drive long combination vehicles.
- Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.