The Gear Centre Group
The Gear Centre Group of Companies, a leader in remanufacturing, supply and installation of drivetrain components found in all types of mobile equipment is currently looking for a Transmission Technician.
Shift Information: Full-time, permanent position - Monday to Friday, daytime hours (40), with overtime as required.
Work Environment: New, large, clean modern shop with vehicle lifts and special tooling provided
Pay Information: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour (To be negotiated)
Address: #3, 7337 Pacific Circle, Mississauga, ON, L5T 1V1
- Component remanufacturing of transmissions, torque converters, axles, transfer cases, and industrial gearboxes
- Removal and reinstallation of drivetrain components
- Failure analysis reporting
- Dyno testing
- Electronic diagnostics
- Achieve standard repair times
- Follow work procedures as per ISO 9001:2015 guidelines
- Work as a team with all co-workers to achieve an efficient, productive working environment
- Coach and instruct apprentices
- Experience with automatic/manual transmission and differential rebuild in light, medium, heavy duty and off-highway industrial applications is required.
- ZF, Dana (Clark), Funk and Allison transmissions as well as planetary axles would be considered an asset.
- Apprentice and/or Journeyman 310S Automotive Service Technician or Certified 310D Transmission Technician
- Strong mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and understand rebuild procedures as well as interpret technical repair manuals
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
The successful candidate must have:
- Competency in the English language
- Their own tools and steel-toed safety boots
- A valid driver's licence and ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle (driving record check (abstract) required)
For the Right Candidate, We OFFER:
- Career growth opportunity
- Paid training through our comprehensive in-house training program
- Competitive wages and remuneration package
- Comprehensive benefit package including company paid health/dental/ extended health, travel and life insurance premiums
- Gear Wear bonus points
- Employee recognition program
- Rewarding team environment
- Assistance with relocation costs, as applicable
At The Gear Centre Group of Companies, We offer more than just a “job”. We offer Competitive Wages, Comprehensive Benefits, and Career Advancement Opportunities!