Director of Operations
November 19, 2019
Come join the dynamic team at Mindful—a mission-driven media company that is dedicated to sharing mindfulness and meditation practices to support good health, positive relationships and a more compassionate society. We publish Mindful Magazine and direct its associated websites, newsletters, events, directories and courses. With a monthly audience of over two million, this is a chance to make a real impact. You’ll enjoy our positive, flexible and collaborative work culture.
We’re seeking a Director of Operations based in our Halifax, Nova Scotia office. The ideal candidate will be comfortable overseeing several areas of the business, including office operations, human resources, and business development, interfacing with marketing, advertising and finance, and providing leadership and support to the staff based in Halifax.
You’ll thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment that requires thinking on your feet and frequent reprioritization, and be able to find creative solutions to challenges. You’ll have strong people skills, good organizational ability and enjoy both working in collaboration and executing decisions when needed.
- Oversee operations of office and proactively provide support across business areas to promote smooth operational functioning and departmental integration.
- Serve as a main operational support and advisor to the CEO.
- Oversee development of online learning courses (learning.mindful.org), including contracts, content development, marketing and finances.
- Work in close collaboration with marketing team on promotional partnerships and campaigns.
- Develop and/or project manage business partnerships.
- Serve as human resource director.
- Supervise office administrative staff.
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications and skills:
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and cultivate positive relationships and work culture
- Facility with project and financial management
- Ability and confidence to provide advice and listen to alternative points of view
- Adaptability in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Interest and background in meditation and mindfulness
- Experience and/or aptitude with business development, marketing and/or communications
Additional Information: This is a full-time one-year position based in Halifax to cover a maternity leave. Note, we are not able to sponsor anyone for immigration to Canada. Salary is commensurate with qualifications. We offer flexible working arrangements, paid leave, and employer-paid health benefits. We are a supportive and inclusive workplace and encourage people from diverse communities, cultures and backgrounds to apply.