Human Resources Manager
November 21, 2019
Heritage Service Group
Division - RG Henderson & Heritage Parts
Human Resources Manager
We are Canada's leading service provider for commercial kitchen equipment; using OEM parts to provide fast and reliable service across North America. Our mission is to provide the highest quality customer care in the food service industry, working hard to build lasting relationships and deliver the solutions our customers count on.
Our RG Henderson division is the largest Food Equipment Repair and OEM Parts Distributor in Toronto (GTA), Ontario with over 100 years dedicated to performing installations, warranty/post-warranty emergency repairs and maintenance as a CFESA certified company. We are the leader within our industry and are looking to grow our team!
In the role of Human Resources Manager, the primary responsibilities include creating a workplace environment that can attract, develop, engage and retain top talent. The position requires well-rounded skills in managing all aspects of human resources to drive the success of our B2B service and parts company. This role will report into the National Director of Human Resources.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the national leadership team to ensure that HR planning is aligned and supportive of the organization's mission, vision, values and overall business strategy
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of human resources policies, programs and practices
- Provide oversight and leadership to the local HR team and monitor/report key HR metrics or KPIs regarding employee satisfaction, engagement, retention, turnover cost/quality of hire, time to fill rate etc.
- Oversee and assist with various HR functions in support of local management including employee hiring, training and development, performance appraisals, health and safety, etc.
- Promote a positive workplace culture that encourages service excellence and high employee morale
- Ensure legal compliance with the Employment Standards Act and Ontario Labour Laws as per the Ministry of Labour
- Remain knowledgeable current HR practices and trends by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, attending networking events, etc.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a Human Resources Manager role
- Well-versed in all HR functions, including recruitment, compensation, training and development, strategic planning, and health and safety.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management or the equivalent in experience
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation (CHRP or CHRL)
- Excellent communication skills with experience supporting a variety of stakeholders within an organization
- Strong leadership skills, resourceful, able to priority and motivate a team
- Proficient MS Office with experience using a variety of HRIS systems
Why Work for Us?
We offer our Management and Employees:
- Comprehensive Group Benefits and Pension Program
- Extended health, dental, LTD (following probation), and RRSP contribution matching (after 1st year)
Training and Development Opportunities
- Support from our National Leadership Team
Excellent Workplace Culture
- You will be part of a growing, stable organization, who is the industry leader in Canada!
Quote Job Reference: 122805