Pitt Meadows, BC
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent, Full-Time
SALARY: 60,000 annual
Founded in 1988, Montair was established with the goal of training future professional pilots to a skill and knowledge level that would allow them to serve the airline industry with minimal further training required. Due to the strong demand for skilled airline pilots from China's rapidly growing aviation industry, the Company took a new direction in 2005. Montair was and continues to be one of the few schools around the world to receive approval from the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) to train airline pilots. The Company has developed an advanced airline training program, designed to provide the most professional, highly skilled pilots to the airlines. To date, Montair has trained and graduated hundreds of airline pilots, a number that continues to grow.
The Administrative Manager will be responsible for directing the administrative activities of the organization. This position is also responsible for administrative support provided to the Executive Team and the Department Managers. The successful candidate will be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, handle confidential matters, is highly motivated, reliable, and will demonstrate the ability to take initiative and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to improve administrative functions of the organization such as student registration, filing, record keeping, purchasing, lease administration, insurance programs, reports and other work processes.
- Manage and maintain all administrative processes and tasks for the Flight Training and Operations Admin teams with the primary focus on maintaining operational standards.
- Organize and arrange all executive meetings including Management meetings; prepare minutes as requested.
- Monitor and implement budget and cost control for needed equipment and supplies for office, classroom, and the facility as a whole
- Supervise and direct administrative personnel through performance evaluation, promotion, training, disciplinary actions and/or termination.
- Recruit, orient and train administrative staff to achieve job expectations
- Provide technical and logistical support for all administrative personnel in regard to monitoring, training, scheduling for a class of students, utilization of aircraft and other resources
- Serve as the liaison between administrative personnel and senior management, communicating needs and concerns so they can be handled professionally
- Provide support to co-managers; Assist and coordinate with other projects as requested including the responsibilities below
- Track, update and maintain all pilot flight hours for submission to the company insurance group.
- Ensure a safe, secure, and well-maintained facility that meets environmental, health, and security standards.
- Arrange jumpseat travel/observation flights for Transport Canada Inspectors.
- Edit and format Flight Operations Admin Guide for final approval.
- Track and manage expense reports
- Review all daily, weekly and monthly operational reports to ensure proper dissemination, including but not limited to, shift reports, disciplinary actions, incident reports, safety meeting minutes, monthly summary report, pay change notices, employee evaluations, work orders, or any other local reporting medium.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- At least 2 years management experience in administration in a flight school setting, aviation or similar industry
- Exceptional administrative and time management skills
- Knowledge of payroll and expense reporting software an asset
- Knowledge/understanding of aviation and training regulations
- Understanding of flight operations working environment
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and set priorities
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite, general computer & database software knowledge, data entry experience
- Quick learner and ability to be assertive
- Ability to follow direction and work independently as required
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on-time reporting for work)
Core hours are 08:00 ? 16:30, Monday through Friday with the occasional need of working overtime, including evenings and weekends as required, depending on business needs.