Quality Assurance Assistant
Richmond Hill, ON
This role is responsible to coordinate, develop and evaluate product lines for the GPO HQ. This position will report to the Manager and will have daily contact with Sales personnel, Managers, Branch Managers.
Essential Job Functions:
- In order to comply with laws and ordinances related to food in Canada, check whether the display (label and ingredients list) of raw materials, allergens, nutritional analysis, health claims, etc. is appropriate and give advice to the staff.
- If there are unclear points in the interpretation of Canadian regulation, ask the government agencies such as CFIA to confirm under the supervision of manager.
- Periodically confirm the presence or absence of changes in food laws. And if there is a change, if it falls under our products, we will take countermeasures and share information with staff while consulting with manager.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Reply to inquiries (e.g. emails from CFIA regarding request for inspections; customer inquiries, follow up on product information for label creation, etc.) under the supervision of manager..
- Participate in CFIA inspection (e.g. sampling, disposing, etc).
- Maintain and request for updated product documents.
- Create and revise labels for all products.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience/ Training/ Education:
College degree; require basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, Outlook). Strong interpersonal skills needed to work with various contacts within and outside the organization.
- Knowledge in Microsoft application (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with supervisors, sales, office and warehouse personnel
- Ability to be cooperative and able to work as part of a team
- Ability to:
- Verify, drafts, and update database quickly and accurately
- Learn Oracle ERP software
- Organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under various time constraints
- Perform his or her job responsibilities as the workload fluctuates.
- Be self-confident and mature, with a positive attitude and approach to work
Quality Assurance Assistant work in comfortable office environment where they will frequently work more than the standard 40 hours a week to ensure procurement deadlines are met. Quality Assurance Assistant may need to spend time in the warehouse to inspect products. Travel is sometimes necessary and may even travel outside Canada.
Quote Job Reference: 1035