Engineering Manager Terminals
Working for a leading Canadian & Worldwide agricultural firm with excellent reputation for bulk handling in heavy industrial & marine environments. They will make an excellent employer for an established Senior Engineer / Project Manager / Engineering Manager with primary/industrial engineering background who may be looking for a unique challenge in engineering management & resides in or can grasp the opportunity to relocate to stunning Vancouver, BC, Canada!
You will like
The job itself where you will be responsible for the effective operation of the Engineering & Project Management services for our client’s Vancouver, Montreal and Thunder Bay terminals. This includes annual budget development, managing staff, project tracking, preparing conceptual and detailed designs, flow diagrams, general arrangements, drawings and, specifications for project execution.
This position is also responsible for ensuring conformity to corporate standards for all aspects of project development and project management, clearly communicated to stakeholders. Based in Vancouver, BC, this position reports to the Director of Corporate Services and Engineering and works closely with the Directors of Terminal Operations.
- Directs the preparation of layouts, flow diagrams, conceptual designs, and general arrangement drawings to ensure functional and cost effective facility operation.
- Ensures the completion of detailed designs to size components including determining appropriate forces and design assumptions and structural analysis.
- Reviews and coordinates approvals of drawings, machinery and structural submittals and specifications for construction.
- Assigns and/or procures resources to perform project management as required.
- Supports Vancouver, Montreal and Thunder Bay Terminal Management in the development and execution of projects as required.
- Provides Engineering and Project Management support to other divisions within the organization as required.
- Liaises with all applicable regulatory agencies and assures compliance with regulations/legislation.
- Ensures preparation of technical specifications for construction materials and facility equipment as well as specifications for track work and roadways and completes related bill of materials.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure conformity with design, quality of workmanship, drawings and specifications. Specifies testing procedures to ensure the specifications are achieved.
- Coordinates field control surveys for trackage, roadway, site development and drainage.
- Develops scope of work for geotechnical and environmental investigations and topographical/drainage surveys.
- Conducts studies of new structures to ensure functional and economical use of materials and layouts.
- Evaluates existing facilities and machinery for reliability/cost effectiveness.
- Working with Facility staff, evaluates and recommends changes to new development sites existing processes for optimization opportunities.
- Directs the preparation of “as built” drawings and permanent drawing storage, and ensures maintenance of the department’s technical files.
- Prepares cost estimates and schedules.
- Supports Maintenance where required in major R&M projects.
- Develops and manages department operating and capital budgets.
- Hires, promotes and discharges staff within company policy and provides for effective staff development.
- Assists with other areas within the company in facility assessment and evaluation of acquisition opportunities.
You will have
As Engineering Manager Terminals, you will have:
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical/Process, Electrical or Civil).
- Registered or qualified to register for a professional engineering license within the province of British Columbia.
- Minimum 10-15 years design and construction experience in multi-disciplined projects with emphasis on bulk materials processes, structures, foundations and earthworks and maintenance in diversified fields such as: site design, bulk material handling, hard/soft rock mining, grain and oilseed processing.
NB Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge, skill and competence will be considered.
You will get
As Engineering Manager Terminals you will enjoy:
- Competitive salary, ~$130K-$150K+ Neg + Package
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Professional development including P.Eng
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 544