Credit Counselling Society
What This Role Involves:
As a Credit Counsellor, you are passionate about providing support, care, and guidance to clients who come to CCS seeking help with managing their finances and specifically with finding a solution to resolve their debt.
You’re a money management expert who helps your clients better understand their monthly income and expenses, and after exploring their overall financial situation, you offer hope by providing suitable options to help them successfully resolve their debts. In many cases, you will also offer ongoing support to clients as they begin a Debt Management Program, which allows them to pay off their debts with interest relief.
You will be an ongoing resource for the clients in your portfolio, answering their questions and following up as needed to support them in successfully completing their program and achieving their financial goals.
Who We Are:
CCS is an accredited non-profit organization that offers support to clients who are encountering financial challenges. Every year, we change the lives of thousands of Canadians who are looking for help to get their life back.
Our mission, should you choose to accept it: We Help. We Educate. We Give Hope.
What We Have To Offer:
We are proud to have been named one of Canada’s best workplaces as a recipient of the Great Place to Work Award.
Our employees love the close-knit team environment and the commitment to work-life balance, which includes a 35 hour work week, three weeks of vacation to start, and half-days off before each long weekend.
In addition, our compensation package includes:
- Competitive starting salary, with regular salary reviews based on performance.
- Flexible health care spending account.
- Long term savings program with employer matching.
- Educational reimbursements.
- Leadership development support for those interested in furthering their professional growth.
- CCS's Birthday Gift - each employee receives an additional $100 each year towards their RRSP on CCS's birthday, in recognition of their contributions to the organization's ongoing success.
What We Are Looking For:
The successful applicant for this position will bring the following qualifications and skills:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is considered an asset.
- Three to five years of experience in the financial or counselling/social services industries.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, demonstrating a genuine desire to work as part of a team and help people.
- Strong goal orientation, motivated by achieving objectives and supporting others in meeting their goals as well.
- Ability to influence others, addressing and overcoming objections.