Tenant Support Worker
Schizophrenia Society of Alberta
Red Deer, AB
The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta’s transitional housing facility provides accommodation and recovery focused programming for 25 individuals living with mental illness. Supports are provided 24 hours, 7 days a week in partnership with Alberta Health Services. The Tenant Support Worker will work alongside clinical support staff to assist Tenants in achieving their personal goals as they transition to community living.
- A post-secondary Certificate/Diploma or Degree in a related field such as: social services, addictions, mental health, or community support
- Experience in working with people living with schizophrenia or other related mental health and addiction disorders
- Standard First Aid Level C CPR required
- Food Safety Certification
- Medication Assistance Training
- All new employees are required to submit references and current and clear Criminal Record Check.
- Knowledge of Psycho-social Rehabilitation is preferred.
- Assist tenants in their development of goals and provide training in a wide range of independent living tasks. Such as: cleaning, cooking, laundry, meaningful daily activities
- Assists tenants in accessing community resources and professional services
- Observe and report changes in tenants’ level of physical and mental functioning
- Attend shifts when scheduled
- Documentation and charting
This is a full-time position at 31 hours per week.
Schedule: Friday & Saturdays Day Shift (7:15am-3:30pm)
Sunday & Mondays Evening Shift (3:15pm-11:30pm)
Additional shifts possible.
Compensation: $17.50 per hour to start.
Benefits (health & dental coverage etc.) after a 3-month probation period
Accrual vacation time: 3 weeks per year