1451266 Alberta Inc.
We are looking for long and short haul truck drivers. The truck driver position is permanent and full-time. We are looking for five (5) qualified drivers. Duties include:
- Operating tractor trailer, locally, nationally or internationally
- Ensuring the proper permits and documentation required for the trip are obtained and valid
- Performing and logging pre-trip, on-road and post-trip inspections, ensuring safe condition and operation of all equipment
- Overseeing the loading of cargo, ensuring product is secured properly and safely. Overseeing the unloading of cargo
- Maintaining electronic logbook of cargo, hours, distance traveled and fuel consumption
- Administering bills of lading
- Communicating with dispatcher, drivers and customers professionally and with curtesy
Drivers are required to have strong skills in writing and speaking English. The wage for this position is $24.04/hour (or the prevailing provincial median wage) for a 30 to 70 hour week, depending on provincial / state labour laws.
Required skills and education for the position of truck driver are:
- High school diploma
- Completion of accredited driver training and Class 1 license
- Willing to obtain dangerous goods certification, as needed
- Willing to submit to drug testing, as required, for national or international routes / client contract conditions
- A minimum of one to two years of Class 1 driving experience