Bilingual (French/English) Community Health Worker
Black Creek Community Health Centre
Black Creek CHC is a community-based primary care organization that is committed to addressing the social determinants of health in a client-centered, and equity driven manner. Our inter-disciplinary team of care providers provide comprehensive primary health care to registered clients of our Centre. We are seeking a Bilingual Community Health Worker to join our team and participate in the delivery of programs and services to community members. If you are interested in addressing individual, group and community health issues while working in a supportive environment and maintaining a positive work-life balance, you will be interested in joining our team.
Reporting to the Manager of Health Promotion and Community Services, the Bilingual Community Health Worker will be responsible for developing health promotion activities and services for the Francophone community within the North York area of Central LHIN. This role will lead, assist, and/or support action on community health issues working within the framework of the social determinants of health.
- Support the mission, vision and values of BCCHC.
- Provide case management and support to individuals that facilitate health and well-being.
- Act as a resource to, and advocate for individuals, groups, and the community.
- Community outreach and networking including developing and implementing effective outreach strategy for promoting awareness and access to services and programs to community residents.
- Collaborate with community partners and staff members to: identify service/information/health promotion gaps in the community; and develop, implement, monitor and evaluate strategies, services and programs to meet identified needs.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with community stakeholders.
- Participate in community development by assisting clients and community groups to articulate and advocate for health services appropriate to the community (health, social, and/or legal services) through an anti-oppression framework.
- Coordinate and provide direct service to community residents through health promotion and service delivery.
- Provide supervision to community college and/or university placement students.
- Participate in organization-wide activities and committees and handle other duties as assigned.
- University degree in a health or social science discipline from a recognized university or a combination of some post-secondary education and significant experience in health promotion and community development.
- 3 to 5 years of recent relevant experience, including:
- case management.
- working in a marginalized/racialized community setting and with diverse and intergenerational groups.
- community outreach and networking with stakeholders.
- advocacy and program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- community development models and program evaluation using an anti-racist, anti-oppression approach.
- health promotion and education/awareness campaign
- Excellent knowledge of community development models and program evaluation using an anti-racist, anti-oppression approach.
- Knowledge of community resources and services.
- Knowledge of People-Centered Healthcare and the Community Health Centre model of care.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications.
- Strong facilitation skills that will foster, promote and advance the focus of equity, diversity and social justice within groups and community initiatives.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Fluency and proficiency in French and English.
Reports to: Manager, Health Promotion and Community Services
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: