Bilingual Contact Center Representative
Global Payments is looking for a Bilingual Universal Contact Centre Representative 1 to join its team at the Toronto HQ to provide authorization services, customer service and technical assistance for credit card merchants, in all regions serviced by Global Payments, by utilizing company systems, policies, and procedures, with close supervision.
- Assist in the training of new merchants into system on a 24/7 rotational basis.
- Identify and address customer inquiries regarding accounts using listening, critical thinking and probing skills for one call resolution.
- Provide resolution to merchant issues or complaints, and escalate to management or appropriate team concerned for cases requiring further investigation.
- Appropriately utilize internal system and resources to accurately and effectively serve customers, and interpret merchant data.
- Demonstrate knowledge of products, services, account research, Point of Sale operations/technical and account maintenance.
- Educate merchants on policies, procedures, and products.
- Accurately document customer conversations in appropriate systems.
- Timely escalation of all department and system issues using the established reporting protocols.
- Interact and liaise with various support groups within Global Payments in relation to resolution of a merchant concern.
- Achieve performance standards set by the department.
- May be tapped to provide operational support to other units as required by the business.
- Consistently maintain professional telephone etiquette.
- Successfully complete additional skills training as required/requested.
- 6-12 months of employment experience, preferably in a similar position.
- Must be bilingual (English and French).
- Must be available to work on a rotational basis, 24/7, 365.
- Educational background: e.g High School Graduate / Completed 2 years in college (as applicable).
- Being able to maintain customer service standards during high-pressure situations such as increased call volume, fewer resources, or challenging customers.
- Act as a positive member of the team, displaying mutual respect for others.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Service oriented.
- Demonstrates ownership or accountability with tasks.
- Display accuracy when working with multiple systems.
- Analyze and problem solve by gathering relevant information systematically and consider broad range of issues, factors and data, where multiple answers exist.
- Ability to work independently and make quick and accurate decisions.
- Ability and desire to learn new functions or applications.
- Must have strong analytical skills to troubleshoot issues.
WHY WORK AT GLOBAL PAYMENTS?
In order to attract and retain the best people we offer a comprehensive set of rewards which are fair and market oriented. Our definition of reward includes not only compensation but our investment in your career growth and development.
Compensation Depending on the position level, we offer a competitive industry-benchmarked package. The sales compensation structure consists of base salary and commissions.
Rewards & benefits
Our benefit program includes items such as:
- Health (medical, dental, vision)
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability coverage and life insurance plans
- Retirement savings programs (Registered Pension Plan and Registered Retirement Savings Plan) – Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Gym Membership corporate rates
- Volunteering opportunities ... and more!
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact those selected for an interview.
Global Payments is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusiveness and provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by law and we are happy to provide our team members with a healthy work environment.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: