Avelo Restaurant is a group of dedicated individuals, working together to provide our guests with an exceptional experience in plant-based dining.
Our team members have worked in a wide range of restaurants all over the world. We work collaboratively, using our broad knowledge and experience to create our eclectic style of service.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is ready to use their skills to experiment on new and atypical ingredients and flavours.
We do completely plant-based tasting menus, but are looking into offering certain dishes a la carte.
In our kitchen you will experience making everything from vinegars and kombuchas to cheeses and ice creams completely from scratch. We are always welcoming creative individuals and their ideas.
The ideal individual will have:
- Create and Prepare from scratch dishes and foods
- Create and cook special meals based on guest’s preferences and requests
- Be able to deal with schedules and supervise their station
- Oversee kitchen operations at their station
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and their work area
- May plan menus monthly, determine the size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Hire and train kitchen staff
- Have 2 years experience in vegan baking and GF baking experience
- Food Handler Certificate
- Profound knowledge of vegan desserts
- Awareness of anaphylaxis in the community
- Great knife skills
- Be able to put out high quality product under pressure
- Be comfortable working in a coop environment
- Have problem solving skills
- Experience in creating vegan desserts is an asset
This is a full-time position, applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
Start date: Right now.
Salary: $19.00 /hour
Based on your performance you might get a raise after 3 months probation.
Address: 51 St. Nicholas st. Toronto, ON M4Y 1W6
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: