The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
Here's To Your Journey with Westin
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Located at 1 Harbour St, Toronto, Ontario, M5J1A6 we are currently hiring a Commis 1/Full Time.
- Prepare plate and platter presentations for banquets.
- Prepare cold foods.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
- Prepare and cook food.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food and throughout the day.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Set-up and break down work station.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests'' service needs.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than 25 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Quote Job Reference: 19118588