Parry Sound, ON
Address: Connor Industries, 75 Tudhope St.
Parry Sound, ON, P2A 0C6 (Aluminium Boat welding shop)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
Experience: Welding: 2 year
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will be required to fit and weld aluminum accurately with little supervision.
- Comply with all of Connor Industry’s health and safety policies and procedures including the proper use of personal protective equipment as required at all times.
- Responsible and accountable for following the posted work instructions designed for each part.
- Read and interpret project plans and other written instructions and diagrams to perform the task at hand.
- Complete all required paperwork/documentation.
- Keep the area clean, clear, and safe and organized during the shift.
- Ability to meet daily targets.
- Inspect the parts using gauges and visual inspections to ensure the quality standards are met.
- Report any mechanical, technical or production problems to the supervisor
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Responsible and accountable for quality & quantity accuracy
- Responsible for end of shift cleaning duties.
- Post-secondary training in welding is an asset but not necessary.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience would be considered an asset.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comply with all Health & Safety procedures
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous manufacturing experience is an asset.
- Willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. occasionally and ability to lift and carry weights from 5 to 10 lbs. repeatedly for extended periods of times
- Strong attention to details
- A highly motivated individual who wants to contribute to the success of the Company.
- Exposure to noise.
- Safety wear required.
- Use of oils + lubricants.
- Standing for prolonged periods of time required.
- Repetitive movements (bending, twisting and pushing).
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: