Payroll/Human Resource Generalist
Saskatoon Child Care Services Inc.
Exciting Employment Opportunity Available for Payroll / Human Resources Generalist
Saskatoon Student Child Care Services Inc. is an early learning and childcare program. We operate 3 child care centers in Saskatoon. Empowering children and families through excellence in child care is our mission. We work hard to provide quality early learning and child care programs that are foundational to the development of young children as well as supportive to parents in their pursuit towards achievement of their educational and career goals.
Sharon Van Cleave Child Care Centre, located in Mount Royal Collegiate was the first teen parent child care program located in a high school in Saskatchewan and by way of quality child care and parent support programs, has been working to support teen parents in pursuit of completing their grade 12 since 1988.
Royal West Early Learning Centre, located in Royal West Campus, has served teen parents and community members since 2002. RWELC was the first facility to serve teen and community parents which allowed the program to support teen parents as they transitioned to post secondary education or the work world. In 2010, The Saskatoon Early Childhood Education Demonstration Centre opened its doors. SECEDC occupies an area in the north end of Mount Royal Collegiate and has a Memorandum of Understanding with Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s Early Childhood Education program which outlines how this centre supports the education of Saskatchewan Polytechnic students, specifically in the ECE programs. SECEDC provides childcare to post-secondary students as well as to parents working in the community.
SSCCS is seeking candidates with education and experience in the field of Human Resources to join our team. This is a new position for the organization, and we are looking for an individual who has experience in the field of Human Resources and who can help us develop this position to suit the needs of our organization. We are looking for a candidate is able to balance both ‘tried and true practices’ with new and more efficient ways of managing HR processes. We are seeking a team member who has strong communication and problem-solving skills and who enjoys a balance of working with others as well as independently. The successful candidate will be an individual who values children, families, the work of Child Care Centres and the role of Early Childhood Educators. Our HR Professional will embrace Saskatoon Student Child Care Services’ philosophies, values and mission.
Currently, this position is a 20 - 22.5 hour/week position. Salary range $20 - $24 / hr. depending upon education and experience. Scheduling of hours is negotiable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Provide support to organization in all areas of HR
- Complete full cycle recruitment of employees - job postings, candidate selection and participate in interviews and reference checks
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Support Employee On-boarding and Off-boarding
- Accurately maintain employee files and records, including training records and education requirements
- Collaborate on the provision of professional development
- Respond to employee HR related inquiries
- Review, advise and assist in implementation of HR policies, programs and practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Diploma in Human Resources or like (i.e. Saskpolytechnic Business Diploma, Human Resources focused)
- Certification (or willing to obtain) in PCP and CPM would be a strong asset
- 3-5 years’ experience in Generalist capacity. We need a candidate who is able to help develop this position so that it effectively and efficiently suits the need of our organization. We are in need of someone who has a substantial knowledge and experience with administering payroll, benefits and compensation as well as other HR components.
- Has knowledge of all legislation, standards and laws pertaining to employment and human rights
- Is able to build effective relationships with others; can collaborate; values the spirit of collegiality; competent ability to liaise with others
- Familiarity with group benefits - insurance programs would be an advantage
- Strong skills with regard to written and verbal communication skills as well as planning and organization
- Competent and confident skills in the area of facilitation and presentation
- Eye for detail and strong ability to analyze and research
- Ability to problem solve positively and at times creatively
- Ability to manage non-routine, frustrating and/or competing priorities effectively; able to adapt to various work environments
- Must be able to work independently (self-starter) with minimal supervision; self-motivated, disciplined, trustworthy, reliable and accountable
- Desire for continuous growth and improvement of self and of organization; embraces the values and mission of SSCCS
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check including clear Vulnerable Sector Search
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on an unrestricted basis
Our HR Generalist will report to the Executive Director for SSCCS Inc. and will work in partnership with the ED, the Centre Directors for each of SSCCS’ three locations as well as with the Accountant for the organization.
Start Date: September 23rd, 2019