Executive Director (IT/Network)
ShipX Couriers Inc.
We are a courier company providing high quality service and delivery to large clients in Canada and the USA. We are seeking an Executive Director (IT/Network) to join our growing team in Ottawa, Ontario and help shape the company's future.
- Coordinating the IT and network needs of the company, including strategic planning and visioning, hiring and recruitment
- Assisting with the development of the company's engineering and IT programs and management
- Overseeing the implementation of company-wide systems related to our network and IT infrastructure
- Function as part of an executive team to determine the company's mission and objectives, and ensure goals are constantly being met
- Provide necessary technical support and knowledge to the company's IT and engineering staff
- Design and implement complex DWDM Optical networks based on ADVA Optical systems for FSP 3000 Platforms
- Develop complex Voice over IP networks to serve nationwide contact centers
- Form global agreements and build NNIs with carrier networks to expand reachability and align with ShipX expansion strategies and plans
Required experience, skills and education:
- 10+ years of experience as a network engineer or IT specialist, or equivalent experience
- University degree in engineering, computer science or information technology
- Experience with network management and design and management of engineering and IT teams
- Experienced in building scalable secure Networks running Data Center technologies like VXLANs, EVPNs and Virtual network appliances
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking)
Terms of Employment:
- Full-time, permanent position
- Salary range of $110,000 - $125,000 commensurate with experience
- 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day (as this is a senior level position, hours of work may vary depending on work load and project)
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year commencing after the first year of employment
The location of work is in our office on Lyon Street in Ottawa.