Route Driver Class 1
Port Coquitlam, BC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
- Pick up and transport waste safely per all Federal, Provincial, and Local rules and regulations.
- Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
- Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste per all Federal, Provincial, and Local rules and regulations before transporting.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts daily, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
- Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
- Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
- Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc. Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm to provide the highest level of customer service. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Education and Experience:
Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating the ability to read a map, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portrait a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations.
Previous route management experience is a plus.
Must have a minimum of a Class 1 Full license, with Northern Winter Driving Experience.
Maintains current required drivers license, with an excellent driving record.
Must be able to pass Drug Test
Demonstrates good computer skills and knowledge of intranet.
Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
Must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to lift. May need to push or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds. May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements
Quote Job Reference: 31265