We are an innovative and growing company that delivers quality and service to be proud of, as well as provides great career paths and opportunities for our employees.
We want people who want to be in the industry long-term and are dedicated to being the best at what they do. This is an opportunity for individuals seeking full-time employment where they can take pride in what they do, and work with like-minded people.
We deliver high-quality workmanship and pride ourselves on giving excellent customer service. We know that the quality of our product is only as good as the people who do the work, so if you want to work somewhere where quality workmanship is encouraged, appreciated and rewarded, please apply.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, plans and drawings for building and repair projects
- Calculating and securing product requirements, as well as making recommendations to the Site Supervisor regarding deficiencies.
- Measuring, cutting, shaping, assembling and joining wood, wood substitutes and other materials as per specifications
- Building and installing foundations, beams, walls, subfloors, frames, backing
- Fitting and installing trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
- Supervising and instructing apprentice and labourers,
- Acting as a liaison between the Site Supervisor, and sub-contractors and other construction workers as required.
- Minimum 5 years of proven, high-quality carpentry experience in a residential construction and renovation environment
- Minimum 2 years of proven supervisory experience, with ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proven communication and customer service skills
- Strong attention to details and the ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Red Seal Certification is an asset
- Own tools and own transportation is an asset
Wage offered $25 - $35 per hour depending on experience. Benefits provided upon completion of 6 month probationary period.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour