Food Service Manager
East Hants Sportsplex
Reporting to the General Manager, Food Service / Catering Manager will be responsible for the operations, inventory, service and sales for Roxie’s Cafe located in the East Hants Sportsplex.
- Deliver exceptional customer service and be able to motivate a team to do the same
- Create and monitor budgets and payroll records and review financial transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance to operation policies
- Schedule staff hours and monitor staff performance
- Monitor compliance with Health and Safety regulations regarding food preparation and serving.
- Review menus and analyse recipes in order to determine labor and overhead costs and assign prices to menus
- Recruit staff and over see training
- Control inventory, monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices
- Valid Nova Scotia Food Handler Certification
- Minimum 3 years management experience in the food service industry
- Experience in preparation for large events and catering
- Superior attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Self motivated, energetic team player able to deal with a fast paced environment
- Sound organizational, coordinating, time management , and personal interface skills
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- First Aid/CPR or willingness to obtain
The East Hants Sportsplex is a not for profit active living facility, proud to be "A Place for Community".
We are an equal opportunity employer, who offers a competitive salary and benefits package, while providing our employees with an environment in which they can thrive and be part of a winning team.